Extra weight has been a real scourge of the past two centuries all over the globe. Thankfully there are different approaches to fight this condition which also includes weight loss medication approved by FDA. Generally there is a number of causes leading to gain of weight and further difficulties in the loss of it. Here are the most common:
- Permanent stress – because of stress and constant anxiety human body produces chemicals such as cortisol; it helps retaining fat in the organism, particularly around the waist area.
- Depression – lots of people deal with depression through eating to relieve their emotional problems. Quickly their eating habits become unhealthy and turn into extra pounds.
- Hypothyroidism – when a person’s thyroid is hypoactive, the human body is not able to produce sufficient amount of thyroid hormone that helps burning stored fat. This leads to slower metabolism where more fat is kept than burnt, particularly without exercising.
- Hyperinsulinemia – high levels of insulin also known as insulin resistance or syndrome X. This condition goes closely together with extra weight. When human body is resistant to insulin hormone, other substances controlling metabolism stop working.
- Cushing’s syndrome – takes places when adrenal glands based above kidneys make an overly amount of cortisol leading to increase of fat in facial, abdomen and upper back area.
- PCOS – polycystic ovary syndrome is the result of hormonal misbalance, one of the symptoms of which is gain of weight not caused by overeating.
- Hormonal changes – may cause weight gain in women at puberty, while pregnancy and during menopause.
- Aging and drinking – there is a tendency of gaining weight with age for no apparent reason as well as for those who drinks alcohol in both slight and large amounts.
Depending on the cause of extra weight problem, there are appropriate approaches of treatment. Weight loss medication list is quite long but if you take that path you should be particularly careful. Ads dazzle with a great variety of fat loss drugs which are supposed to help you miraculously lose tens of pounds in no time and never get back. Have more sense than that and always consult with your nutritionist before taking any drugs for weight loss.
The most common side effects of such pills can be high blood pressure and pulse, elevated heart rate, anxiety, insomnia, dizziness, constipation, dry mouth, headache etc.