What is Yasmin?
Yasmin is a hormonal medication with contraception effect and some other purposes. It consists of drospirenone (estrogen) and ethinyl estradiol (progestin) that help block ovulation. It also causes certain changes in secretion of the cervix and lining of the uterus, so the sperm will not reach the womb and a fertilized egg will not attach to it.
Besides the contraceptive effect Yasmin makes menstruation cycles more regular, reduces loss of blood and soreness during the process, minimizes the risk of cysts in ovaries. Reduced blood loss may even lead to decreased iron deficiency. It is also used in treatment of PMDD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) and acne.
Moreover, it has been proven that higher dosage of Yasmin may lower the risk of ectopic pregnancy, cysts in ovaries, ovarian and endometrial cancer, pelvic inflammatory disease and fibrocystic breast tumors.
You can buy Yasmin online as soon as you visit your doctor and discuss all the details.
How to take Yasmin?
For complete contraceptive protection and therapeutic effectiveness Yasmin should be taken on a regular basis without a lapse. With correct intake Yasmin fails in no more than 1% of cases a year. When the drugs are missed, however, this rate increases. Therefore it is important to follow the instruction and take Yasmin pills every day at the same time with fluids.
Omitted white drugs from the pack are tablets with placebo effect, so basically they may be overlooked. However, the major purpose of them is to avoid accidental extension of placebo pills. In case the omitted tablets are light yellow active drugs, the next advice is applicable:
- If you are late less than 12 hours in taking a light yellow active drug, contraceptive effect remains on the same level. Take your pill as soon as you can and carry on with the rest of the pack at your normal time.
- If you are late over 12 hours in taking a light yellow active drug, contraceptive effect may be go down. In case the drugs are omitted in the first week of active pills intake, and you had intercourse in the previous week, you need to consider possible pregnancy.
Frequent diarrhea and vomiting may result in reduced contraceptive effect of the medication. Use condoms or spermicides to prevent possible pregnancy in addition to the pills you are already taking.
When not to take Yasmin?
If you have one or more of the conditions mentioned below, do not use this medication and consult with your doctor on possible alternatives.
- Unusual vaginal bleeding
- Hepatic Neoplasms
- Breast cancer hypercalcemia
- Estrogenic carcinomas
- Uncontrolled high blood pressure
- Gallbladder Disease
- Liver Disease
- Thyroid Function Tests
- Glucose Intolerance
- Fluid Retention
The most common adverse effect after taking Yasmin is headache. Among some of the others are:
- Breast pain or tenderness
- Heavy non-menstrual vaginal bleeding
- Longer or heavier menstrual periods
When buying Yasmin online or in any common pharmacy, remember to follow recommendations of your doctor at all times.